MedeQuote provides straight forward information to answer complicated Illinois health insurance questions.
Premiums. Deductibles. Indemnities. PPOs. Health Care Reform. ACA. Affordable Care Act. Talking about insurance can be challenging, especially for first-time buyers. But even for seasoned individuals who are accustomed to the jargon, restrictions and regulations often change within the industry and important questions can arise about coverage. That’s why we help you sort out the details with FAQs, tips, resources and the latest insurance information.
Gather information. Understanding Illinois health insurance in 2013 – Pre – (ACA) Affordable Care Act
All of the health insurance rules are changing due to the (ACA) Affordable Care Act in 2014. In the meantime this section deals with what you need to know about Illinois health insurance prior to January, 1st of 2014.
- Understanding Illinois Health Insurance – You can’t make the right decision unless you have all the correct information in front of you.
- How To Purchase Health Insurance – Chances are you aren’t the first person to wonder how long the enrollment process will take or how health underwriting works.
- Frequently Asked Questions – Our FAQ has all the Illinois health insurance answers that you are looking for.
- Types of health insurance plans – Health plans can be broken down into four basic categories, HMOs, POSs, PPOs and Fee-for-Service (Indemnity) Plans.
- PPO health plans – Advantages of a PPO include the flexibility of seeking care with an out-of-network provider if so desired, even though it is more out-of-pocket expense for the patient.
- HMO health insurance plans – HMO’s try to keep the cost of health care down by managing care in an efficient manner.
- POS health insurance plans – Point-of-Service plans are managed care hybrids similar to HMOs and PPOs.
- Indemnity health insurance plans – With an Indemnity Health Plan you choose your own doctor or specialist or hospital with no regard for whether they are in-plan or not.
- Health insurance glossary – A consumer dictionary of terms used in the health insurance industry.
- Indemnity Health Insurance Plans
- Children’s Health Insurance Plans
- Family Health Insurance Plans
- COBRA Alternatives
- Health Savings Accounts
- Health Insurance Glossary
- Health Care Reform – A comprehensive section complete with video presentations which explain the changes in health insurance in easy to understand terms.
Illinois Health plans can be broken down into four basic categories, HMOs, POSs, PPOs and Fee-for-Service (Indemnity) Plans.
The Health Insurance Center
In addition to comparing plans with free quotes, we also provide a wealth of Illinois health insurance information to answer virtually any of your insurance-related questions. In the Information Center, you’ll find everything you need to know about understanding your health benefits, federal health insurance laws, and take a closer look at our health insurance-finding tools.
MedeQuote and Health Care Reform
With the ever changing environment of Health Care Reform, you should look for an agency and company that understands how the new laws are going to affect you. How is health care reform in Illinois and the rest of the country going to affect you, your family, and your business?